Friday 20 May 2011

A Friend

Are you a friend?
Do you support from start to end?
What is that which hides behind your face?
You all say "I'm there", but never turn up at the place,
Even when the place is a single leap from your nest,
They claim from the heart, but talk from the chest,
Never needed to invest,
Simply required to support this quest.
Now I couldn't care less!
That which was worried about previously- only caused to digress,
and mess the test, when in fact I am the best.
Self belief came like a shaken leaf,
Blown by the wind until it's peak was reached.

Attendance came in the most surprising way,
Those thought of as unknowing and even uncaring showed up on the day,
Unyielding distance travelled- unveiled REAL friendship,
As my heart revealed that I had been aboard the wrong ship,
Induced to jump off, like those thrown off of Leusden,
Or at least be better selective of how I choose them,
Mind sways to the idea of solace and separation,
Does one really need others for MY dreams whilst I chase them?
I decided negative,
Thus embarked on an individual way to live.

Progression becomes undeniably luminous,
With only two footsteps shown on the path that grew to this,
Not to imply that the destination has been arrived at,
But just enough miles covered to wink and tilt my hat,
Faith in fulfilling future provides the fluid to fill my tank,
Knowing that one day my passion could fill my bank.
So Are You A Friend?
It doesn't even matter to me anymore,
I will still strive and survive without you, as I had done before.

2 comments:

  1. My favourite line: " as my heart revealed I had been aboard the wrong ship" . Sometimes when we realise it's after the shit has hit the fan.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. trust me babe!!! u know thats the realest talk!!

    ReplyDelete