Monday 1 August 2011

Fast

I am not doing it for you,
I am not doing it to be part of a crew,
I am not stopping because you disapprove,
I am not stopping because of pain- I endure the rough and smooth,

Independent searching of my own soul and testing of my own will,
To better one’s self by struggling up the adversity ridden hill,
These are Testing times, and I am not afraid of adjudicators,
I instead favour results but not those owned by a fool with papers,
These results are soul felt and spirit known,
I therefore continue and never moan.

I am thankful I have the ability to do it,
This is the very reason I choose to fight through it,
Some doubt me as I haven’t taken the final step,
They cease to understand, I am training with no regret,
One day I will step into full capacity,
I am fully faithful that a sign will be shown in mass to me,
So here I stand, enforcing abstinence for what is relatively a short period,
The book says I am born to do this, so who am I to query it?

8 comments:

  1. heart felt & eloquent. you truly have grasped the readers empathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hijab is my helmet; Life is like a crash course,
    Now I’m speeding through it like a Porsche.
    Quran is my navigation and Jannah is my destination,
    Islam has been embedded since my ancestor’s generation,
    Down the road I’ve been, disgraceful thing’s I’ve heard and seen,
    Now I’m gonna hold on tight to my Deen,
    Why do the youths of today try to blend in with those going in the wrong direction?
    To busy worrying about hairstyles and complexion,
    Instead of spreading hate, resort to love and affection,
    We need to have these youngsters replacing knives with Quran and beads,
    And realize that your physical violence will not feed your spiritual needs,
    The Ummah needs to work at their best,
    The aim is to pass Allah’s test.
    To see my lord is a dream, as holiness Allah to the whole mankind is yet unseen,
    Only to the eyes of Prophet Muhammad, may we follow his footsteps Ameen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love that, very thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOTAL RESPECT AND BELIEF AND STAY TRUE TO WHO YOU ARE NOTHING BEATS THAT PASSION ONE LOVE AND KEEP ON IAM SURE YOU ARE HEADING FOR AN UNENDING SUCESSFULL ROAD A HEAD. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be care full with this material slightly personnal for me who writes poems my self, well written and well thought of but my advice man there other sobjects you can poetically express on no one must know every thing about man lot of love xxxxx

    ReplyDelete