Wednesday 11 February 2009

Is There Only One Answer?

There are many questions that require a fixed answer,
You ask for a leaf of my pad: I can only reply, yes master!
To refuse would be crass,
There is an expected protocol throughout the mass,
Mass population possessing limited stipulation,
Excuse me! May I request to pass you?
In a massive queue,
How about I say ‘No!’ waddle your way through!
Am I wrong?
They sing prose, whilst I speak poetic song....


Many cultures could and would demonise practice, that others do as traditional,
That which some see as nonsense bringing ailment, to others is medicinal,
I may belch here and you laugh as a normalised function,
In some places, this can be a compliment, while others would subject you to worse punishment than the truncheon,
I keep my eyes open and object on occasion to political correctness,
Protocol made by those that think they know, but have guessed this,
Why should I do this and answer your one way responsive question?
When you already know what is under the bird that is nestling…


Consistently I have been written off as insolent and disregarding,
Fighting 300 plaguing issues as the only Spartan,
I do not wish to disobey your instructive ruling!
It is the premise and basis that I find antagonistic and fooling,
Why if you see or know I have a utensil to borrow,
Do you have to ask? instead just take and return it as you found it tomorrow,
Would it be disrespectful?
Saying what one is doing, whilst one does it,
Apologising as there is no alternative, for uncomfortable nudging.
There are many questions that require a fixed answer,
However, a break in or from protocol would not mean disaster.

2 comments:

  1. This one is great :) I love the humour you've used to demonstrate the diversity of cultures, it's a great way of looking at a sometimes sad subject. Political correctness has gone mad in the UK and it just causes more seperation in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me...i say it as i see it. i try to be as real to myself and honest as possible. Glad you understand and liked it.

    ReplyDelete