Tuesday 3 February 2009

Unrest Spirit

My spirit is never at rest,
I am woken out of sleep jumping,
Sometimes with the heart stamping, let alone pumping,
Cold sweat, more than wet,
My spirit is never at rest,


I sleep face down,
However when occasional face up is manoeuvred,
What could possibly be touching me?
Sleep is never resumed,
My face seems caressed,
That which seems napping nonsense,
Awakens, as I do into present occurrence,


Why is my spirit never at rest?
I jump, I twist, I turn,
Never more than an hour passes, before I spiral back,
Back to normality, sub conscience knows better,
A visit from Freddy, A visit from Curtis,
Two figures of importance but also love,
So why would this unrest my sleep?
Why am I forced to flinch, but not to speak?


Eyes cannot close completely peaceful,
I am bound for binary disturbance,
I wake or worry,
Each time, never similar,
Apart from when I fall endless,
This has been repeated since my yelps were younger,
Only now, after the supposed or proposed dream death……
I wake in hunger??
Why is my spirit never at rest?

No comments:

Post a Comment