Friday 7 December 2007

Cross Cultural conversing-"I gine talk"

Barbadian dialect:-


I gine talk!

I’s a man dat dissect issues like souse!

Wid a knife and fork,

So being dis man I got no choice,

I gine talk!

I love to learn, like to get teach,

But I sorry what dem wan teach bout race I impeach,


Dem say Multiculturalism,

AH WHAT DE RAN GEORGE!

Tek one glance at my tree, wunna see multiculturalism forge,

We in a racial jail,

Learn each oder Culture dem say de bail,

I say look at Redman’s ingredients,

I is as de majority, a fruit cocktail,


I gine talk!

Me great grandfader he white as chalk,

Me grandmoder she coolly!

Me oder grandmoder OUI! PAPA! BOUJAIS! She jet black,

Wunna wan learn Cultures tek a step back,

I gine tek a step in de oder direction,

Love of language, etiquette and intelligence we also show affection,


Tek what wunna see we are wid a deep tought,

Me, I’s real, I ent playin no sport!

Everyting I say I mean, no matter how vicious,

All dem badminding pon we, wunna too damn malicious!

Intelligible and intelligent speech I gifted wid too,

I ent support no separation,

We must embrace everyone no matter where or which hue.



Normal Englsh dialectal translation:-


I must speak!

I am a man to query qualms,

Such as a labourer with unclean palms,

I favour the feeling of involvement,

Therefore I must speak!

For enrichment of the mind I have a passion,

However the way in which race is taught is of a farcical fashion,


They say Multiculturalism is the rationale, OH MY DEAR!

Just look at your biological background, multiculturalism is right there!

We are in racial entrapment,

Learning other cultures is the recommended disattachment,

Look at my inherent multi-racial relation,

I am like many a colour combination,


I must speak!

My half white grandfather died, I still weep,

My Grandmother is an actual West INDIAN!

While the other is a very dark Dominican,

Wish to learn Culture, look to yourself to find that which you are seeking,

I will look and endeavour elsewhere within civilisation,

Everyone can equally use versatile verbalisation.


Take how you visualise us with careful consideration,

I am blunt, I speak without procrastination,

I say it exactly how it is, boldly brutal,

Those that view us with spiteful contempt, Try to be neutral!

I can also speak linguistically lavish,

Do not segregate,

Rather unify, in favour to those attitudes that are savage.

No comments:

Post a Comment